Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Pets are kids!



I've always had cats.  I remember my first kitty, Paxton.  Tiger stripped. he was my baby. 
I lost Paxton in a fire I had back in 2001.  That was hard.  Then there was Titus.  He was a grey kitty, and when id get home, he'd run up to me and wrap his arms around my neck.  He was a sweetheart.  I got him when i found out i was pregnant, in 2006.  He would sleep on my belly.  He got ourside and i never saw him again.  I also had a calico, rag doll, beautiful female, he name was MFK.  lol, Mutha Fruckin Kat, OR, Miss Forrest Kitty!  She knew when I said, MFK she was in trouble. I got her when I had Paxton, she was the cat I took to re-home the day of my fire.  I got her back like 3 months later.  I then re-homed her again to a family member.  after I lost Haley, I got her back. She was a snuggle buggle, she would crawl under the blanket and up to my armpit where she would, "make bread" (my mom would say) and drool. 
she got sick so i had to make that hard decision to put her down. 
I didn't think I was going to have any other cats till Hawkeye came around.  He was just a little kitten. and he wouldn't even go near me. He'd high five my hand and step back. It got really cold, and i thought he passed.  one day i was outside, and there he was, on my lap. He loved my mom. Hed sit on our porch and look in at us.  I finally got him fixed and he came inside.  Hes about 9 now.  and is the sweetest cat ever. He loves to cuddle. He loved sitting on my moms lap. And sleeping with her. when mom passed, Hawkeye knew something happened.  we moved, and he would cry at night for my mom. 
I was handed a kitten one day from a homeless guy, a little black kitty.  Not even a day old, still had the umbilical cord on her.  I took her to the animal clinic, and there they found a foster home. She came back to the animal clinic, and I adopted her.  she was 5 weeks old when i brought her home.  she was loud and very bold!  Hawkeye adjusted quick.  And she doesn't cover her shit!!  yeah, she can clear a room! 
 I thought my heart was full till one day my man and I were looking for a puppy.  a friend of his dog had puppies and they were Siberian Husky.  we went and picked one out, and when she was 5 weeks old, she came home with us.  My daughter was tickled pink!  She, Patches,  was the best puppy. when she was almost 2, she got pregnant.  From a full blooded Siberian Husky.  she had 6 puppies, 4 girls, and 2 boys.  we were just going to keep the white male pup, until i went to check on them and the first born, (the runt) was moving around so i picked her up and she had one eye open!  I knew then she wasn't leaving.  I named her,  Jemma.  the male we named, Gideon.  Jemma is a stinker, and very bold, talkative, she loves to cuddle, and my shadow. She follows me.  Shes the hunter, any small critter that gets in our yard, usually dont make it out of our yard. she hates squirrels.  I think they nest in the tree in our yard on purpose. Gideon is a shy guy.  Hes very timid, and will ape Jemma.  
I never thought id be a dog mom.  but here i am with 3 doggos.  These fur-kids are my life. They go everywhere with me, (weather permitted)  Even the two female Guinea pigs we have.  We have a mother and her baby.  Mama, Mia, was about a year and we took her baby who was 4 weeks that day.  they are pure black.  Mia is timid, and Lulu, is a little stinker butt. She wheeks a lot, and got her mama to do it too. They love their veggies! 
 I love that noise,    Its a neat noise! 
My heart is full, but can overflow with my love for my kiddos. I want more, but will have to wait. I want to have a few mini donkeys.  they fascinate me, and have heard their very affectionate.  I also will add a few fainting goats, Id love a Billy goat too!  I need a farm, a few more dogs too. 
My kids are important.  They are part of the family.  They're good kids.  They're good listeners, and love to wash your face.  
And, its proven that cats and dogs helps with depression. 
They do. 
Go get a Kid. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment